Learning Support at 十大娱乐彩票平台
Welcome to the Learning Support page. As the 十大娱乐彩票平台 Mission states, we are a better community when we are “imaginative and inclusive”. The 十大娱乐彩票平台 Learning Support team is passionate about removing barriers to learning and ensuring that all students achieve their full potential.
What is SEND?
SEND stands for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. According to the SEND Code of Practice (2015), a child or young person has a special education need if they:
- have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them.
A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if they:
- have significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age
- have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post16 institutions.
At 十大娱乐彩票平台, we offer support students across all four areas of SEND:
- Cognition and Learning
- Communication and Language
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
- Sensory or Physical Needs
Key SEND Documents
In order to find out more about how we identify and support students with SEND, please refer to our Policies Page to view the SEND Policy and the SEND Report.
Meet the Team
If you would like to discuss a SEND issue, please contact SENDCo (SEND Coordinator) Mrs Alison Cathcart, Assistant Head, Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our SEND Governor is Nisha Sathi.